My first attempt at this has been a bit spotty. I was really super excited at first and then the focus just sort of went away. So let’s review the May Goals!
1) Contact a local shop to see if they are interested in my goods. This one is half way there. I’ve completed their consignment form but have not sent it in yet.
2) Send a new shipment to the shop in Chicago. I’m sending the shipment to them on Monday. There was a bit of a delay with printing out my hang tags.
3) Design new promo items: biz cards, postcard, hang tag, and fabric tag. Hang tag is the only completed one for this goal.
4) Design one repeat pattern per week to send off at the end of the month to Spoonflower. I’ve already completed one last night, so this is done for this week! I’ve completed 3 patterns and have a few in progress and ready to be edited in Illustrator and Photoshop. Also, I had my first pattern printed!
5) Blog at least once a week…I’m too shy in real life and even on the internets I’m terrible! I only blogged twice this month.
6) Add press page to the website. I didn’t even start this yet.
Yuck! Not looking so good.
Overall goal is to keep the focus throughout the weeks.
1. Send in consignment form to local store.
2. Continue to do 1 repeated fabric pattern per week.
3. Continue to blog once per week.
4. Brainstorm and design 2 new items for shop
5. Add more inventory to etsy store
6. Research stores that carry handmade goods.
7. Design new promo items: biz cards, postcard, and fabric tag.
8. Add press page to the website.
I’m going to attempt to finish about 3 this weekend. That will be a good start!